Share This

Google+ Badge

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Terrorist who planned 2011 attack on Eilat blows himself up

Israel Matzav
March 15, 2014
The terrorist who planned the 2011 attacks on Eilatblew himself up last week when the car in which he was driving crashed, setting off his bomb. 
Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis (Partisans of Jerusalem) announced on Friday that Tawfiq Mohamed Fareej, one of its founders died in the car accident, AFP reported. 
Fareej led the August 2011 crossborder attack in Israel that killed eight people and he was also involved in a failed assassination attempt on the Egyptian interior minister, Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis said in a statement, according to the report. 
State-run news website Al-Ahram also reported that Fareej had died, but said he was killed by an army raid in the Sinai peninsula. The army was not immediately available to comment on this.
The 2011 attack was a three-stage terrorist attack along Israel’s border with Egypt which began when terrorists opened fire at an Egged bus traveling on Road 12 near Eilat.
Several minutes later, a number of bombs went off next to an IDF patrol traveling along the border with Egypt. There were also reports of mortar fire from Egypt into Israel. The terrorists apparently then moved on to another spot and fired an anti-tank missile at another vehicle.
http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2014/03/terrorist-who-planned-2011-attack-on.html