by Marc J. Fink • Apr 11, 2012 at 3:58 pm
Islamist Watch maintains an extensive database of news articles concerning Islamism. The links below are a small sample. For a complete list of articles by date, please click here. Also, please click here for a listing of "creeping dhimmitude" articles by topic (see box at right of page). To receive these updates by email, please join our mailing list here.
Lawful Islamism is a radical and supremacist interpretation of Islam that seeks to incrementally destroy Western society from within and replace it with a Sharia-compliant theocracy -- culturally and politically rather than violently. Methodically and patiently. With words not bullets. Activism not bombs.
The goals of Lawful Islamists and Islamic terrorists are the same. Only their methods differ.
The Lawful Islamist "is the polite collector you pay in the hope that the leg-breaker won't be next at your doorstep. And even as he sneers in his nice suit at the leg-breaker's crudity, you somehow know all your money is going to the same place." -- Andrew C. McCarthy, The Grand Jihad, p.14
Clockwise, from top left: Top Obama adviser Dalia Mogahed has had enough of Syrian Dictator Assad, but only because he can no longer lead "resistance" to Israel; Profile in Courage – Swiss MP Oskar Freysinger gave an impassioned speech defending Western values against Sharia creep; Profile in Cowardice – former UK PM Blair wants everyone to know he reads the Koran "everyday"; Hillsborough County, Florida school board president Candy Olson thinks it's a wonderful idea for your kids to learn about Islam from officials of Hamas-linked CAIR.
- "Obama Adviser Wants Syrian 'Resistance' to Israel," by P. David Hornik. FrontPage Magazine, March 20, 2012. (Top Obama adviser Dalia Mogahed, who serves on the White House Office of Faith-Based and Neighborhood Partnerships, has tweeted criticism of Syrian dictator Bashar Assad for not being able to mount enough "resistance" to Israel. And for this he has lost his legitimacy. Mogahed has been described as the "most influential person" shaping the Obama Administration's Middle East message, and is a major advocate for Sharia law. What could go wrong?)
No-Go Autonomous Zones
- The Beginning of the End for Britain. Video. (A videographer returns to her hometown in England and is amazed to find it overrun with Islamists who have zero respect for the laws of the land they reside in. Said one Imam: "If the law of the land is Islamic, we respect it. If the law of the land is not Islamic, then those who make it can go to hell.")
Imposition of Sharia on Civil Society – Special Accommodations
- "Pensioner who died after fall at care home 'lay on the floor bleeding for up to 10 minutes because Muslim nurse was praying,'" by Jaya Narain. The Daily Mail (UK), March 23, 2012. (Abdul Bhutto, an agency nurse, told junior staff they would have to wait until he finished praying before he would attend to the 87-year-old care home victim. Bhutto then failed to appear at an inquest and a summons had to be issued for him.)
- "Offering $1,000 Reward, Group Battles School Board over Muslim Outreach," by Kenric Ward. Sunshine State News, April 3, 2012. (Under the guise of multiculturalism, the children of Hillsborough County, Florida are learning all about Islam from officials of Hamas-linked CAIR. This is a good thing, according to the school board president: "Tapping into the resources of our community enhances the educational experiences of our students and enables teachers to bring lessons alive with guests who bring valuable knowledge, skills or experiences to our students."
Islamists have a very different idea. According to the instruction manual "Conveying Islam In Schools and Colleges," by Sabeel Ahmed, a spokesman for the 'Why Islam' Da'awa (Islamist proselytizing) campaign:
"... students are routinely exposed in their classroom to new information and opinions, hence they tend to be more receptive to new beliefs and ideas. Learning institutions are therefore fertile grounds where the seeds of Islam can be sowed inside the hearts of non-Muslim students. ... We should use every opportunity presented or created to sensitize non-Muslim peers andschool staff with Islam and establish an environment in which every where a non-Muslims [sic] turn, they notice Islam portrayed in a positive way and get influenced by it and eventually accept Islam with Allah's guidance, insha Allah." (Emphasis added).
Women, Marriage and the Courts
- "Sex and Sharia: Muslim Women Punished for Failed Marriages," by Charlotte Rachael Proudman. The Independent (UK), April 2, 2012. (Women in arranged marriages characterized by rape and violence are forced to apply for Islamic divorces from Sharia law bodies, where obtaining a divorce is nearly impossible. And women aren't even allowed to testify. They must bring two male witnesses. Opponents of American Laws for American Courts bills often claim that civil courts would not be able to enforce Sharia marriages and the decisions of Sharia law bodies. Wouldn't that be a good thing?)
- "Stoning Will Happen in UK Too if Sharia Allowed." ZeeNews, March 21, 2012. (Baroness Cox, a member of the House of Lords, is warning that brutal punishments like whipping and stoning could become widespread in Britain if Islamic Sharia law is allowed to thrive.)
- "Muslim Book Sanctions Wife-Beating," by Robert Spencer. FrontPage Magazine, March 27, 2012. (A Gift for the Muslim Couple by the Islamic scholar Hazrat Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi advises Muslim men that they may "beat [their wives] by hand or stick" or "pull her by the ears," but should "refrain from beating her excessively." In Spring 2005, when the East African nation of Chad tried to institute a new family law that would outlaw wife beating, Muslim clerics led resistance to the measure as un-Islamic.)
Profiles in Courage …
- "Western Survival Depends on Western Pride," by Islamist Watch Research Fellow David J. Rusin. FrontPage Magazine, March 28, 2012. (French Interior Minister Claude Guéant provoked a firestorm among leftist relativists by having the courage to state the obvious: "Those [civilizations] which defend liberty, equality, and fraternity seem to us superior to those which accept tyranny, the subservience of women, social and ethnic hatred." The reactions among Europe's political elite were as unfortunate as they were predictable.)
- Video of Swiss MP Oskar Freysinger: "Have We Gone MAD?!" Speech to German conference, September 2011. ("Europe is the cradle of the modern constitutional democracy, the treasure-house of human rights, of freedom of opinion and expression. ... This has increasingly been put into danger as our political elite bend their necks before a certain religious dogma which is completely alien to our intellectual history, our values and rule of law. ... The Islamic doctrine is intended to creep into our everyday life bit by bit and make Fortress Europe crumble from within. ... And what are we doing? We are allowing this violent doctrine in to subvert our rule of law, wholly unhindered in our cultural ghettos. Have we gone mad?!" Hat Tip: Spencer Wolfe.)
- And the response: "Swiss MP Oskar Freysinger hit With Pie." Vlad Tepes Blog, September 8, 2011. ("The full intellectual power of the left strikes again!")
… Profiles in Cowardice.
- "'I Read the Koran Every Day,' says Former Prime Minister Tony Blair Who Claims it Keeps Him 'Faith-Literate,'" by Ian Drury. The Daily Mail (UK), June 13, 2011. ( The former UK PM and current Middle East Envoy says: "To be faith-literate is crucial in a globalized world, I believe. I read the Koran every day. Partly to understand some of the things happening in the world, but mainly just because it is immensely instructive." What could go wrong?)
Blair's sister-in-law recently converted to Islam. "Why would Tony Blair's sister-in-law convert to Islam?" By Ed West. The Telegraph (UK), October 25, 2010. (Lauren Booth even refused to rule out wearing a burka: "Who knows where my spiritual journey will take me?" Ed West concludes: "... third worldist 'anti-imperialism' has become the radical chic of choice, ... And what better way of embracing the politics of the 1968 generation than by submitting to Islam? )
Media Bias and Freedom of Speech
- "New York Times nixes anti-Islam ad, runs anti-Catholic ad," by Neil Munro. Daily Caller, March 14, 2012. (The Times has rejected a full-page advertisement calling on 'moderate' Muslims to quit Islam that very closely mimicked a controversial anti-Catholic advertisement they did publish. Bias and double standards at the New York Times? Shocking. And there's gambling at Rick's Cafe in Casablanca.)
- "BBC refuses to screen play about Islamic threat to freedom of speech," by Tim Walker. The Telegraph (UK), March 28, 2012. (The BBC's Director-General, Mark Thompson, refuses to give airtime to Can We Talk About This?, the National Theatre's examination of how Islam is curtailing freedom of speech. This is not a parody. Thompson previously conceded that there is "a growing nervousness about discussing Islam" at the BBC).
Moderate Muslims Under Attack
- "Jasser's Appointment Riles Islamists." The Investigative Project on Terrorism, March 30, 2012. (Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky, has appointed American Islamic Forum for Democracy President Zuhdi Jasser to the Commission on International Religious Freedom. Jasser has the audacity to advocate for the preservation of the founding principles of the United States Constitution through the separation of mosque and state. Islamists who advocate for an America ruled by Sharia law are outraged.)
- "FBI pulls flawed training aids related to Muslims." Associated Press via CBS News, March 30, 2012. (An FBI review of agent training material "critical of Islam" uncovered 876 "offensive or inaccurate" pages that had been used in 392 presentations. The documents have been removed from training manuals and instructors were counseled and in some cases removed from training positions. Notice the assumption in this wire story that these aids were "flawed." Feel any safer with the Obama FBI on the job?)
American Laws For American Courts
- "Assembly of Muslim Jurists of America Cautions Muslims Against Participating in American Legal System; Urges Them to 'Hate It in Their Hearts,'" Translating Jihad, March 14, 2012. (Fascinating primary source translation of a paper meant to provide guidance for American Muslims from Islamic scholars occupying influential positions in universities, Islamic centers, and mosques throughout the United States. The paper makes clear that according to Islam, the only legitimate law is that which comes from Allah. Every other legal system—including the American system—is deemed illegitimate. Muslims are instructed to do everything within their power to make Sharia law supreme, even if that means engaging in deception in certain cases.)
- "Ten questions for the Council on American Islamic Relations," by Brigitte Gabriel and Frank Gaffney. World Tribune, March 22, 2012. (As the ALAC movement supposedly loses steam, Gaffney and Gabriel ask tough questions of the law's main opponent, the Hamas-linked Islamist group CAIR.)